<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2200057798355888007?origin\x3dhttp://babystepsrainbow.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Welcome

To Our Journey


The Journey

K - 29 Years Old
L - 29 Years Old
Married 2 years +

SO-IUI #1
Dec 2012
Femera
BFN =(

IVF #1
Feb 2013
Puregon, Luveris


Say what?




Credits

Designer: Wyona
Images: Cyworld | Wyona
Host: blogger | photobucket
Pixels: GG | Happyy-stop
Reference: blogskins



Past

Mad Pain Day Yesterday...
Egg Recovery
Trigger Shot - Checked!
OHSS..
Yay!
Sickly Way to End Stimulation
An Overdue Update..
Proteins, Proteins and more Proteins!
CD 8, Stimulation Day 6
My IVF goodie pack...


Embryo Transfer
Wednesday, 13 March 2013

First, some bad numbers to announce..

So I had 22 eggs retreived 2 days ago, doc and nurse say it was a good number.. Unfortunately, today, we learnt from the embroylogist that majority of our 22 eggs was of bad quality.. Only 4 eggs were usable and the injected the sperm into the egg aka ICSI to fertilize the eggs.. 3 got fertilized but 1 egg was in a bad shape and cannot be transferred...

So the story this morning...

Arrived at kkhivf @ 730 with a freaking full bladder ready for ET.. Nurse at registration counter said if I cannot tahan, I can pee now and the slowly drink water cos the procedure should be around 815, 830.. Went for my blood test which was done around 745 and was told results will be out in 1 hour.. Calculated that would be 845, bth already so went to pee.. At 815, next wave of full bladder came.. Looked at clock, still got half an hour, cannot tahan, go pee again.. 820, my name was called.. SHIT! Nurse asked, ur bladder full? I said, err I just went to pee 5 mins ago.. Nurse exclaimed, huh? U hurry drink water, if bladder not full, dr cannot scan ur uterus u gotta requeue.. Few days ago, this lady same case as u, have to wait 2 hrs cos Dr had to go for op... Wah! PANIC! Started to drink water and made Z refill it.. Kept jumping hoping the water quickly reached my bladder.. Finally, after 15 mins, nurse tested a scan and saw the uterus.. Phew..

Dr Sadhana arrived and asked if I was feeling bloated or in pain or nauseous (checking for ohss symptoms).. I told her I felt fine.. Just a little pain probably from ER.. And when I eat too much, I feel bloated and abit of pain.. But I pee fine and have a good appetite.. She said OK, lets go ahead and went to check with the embryologist on my eggs.. Then she came with the bad news explaining to us that there is one 3-cell embryo (on day 2, they expect the emrbyos to be between 2 and 4 cells) which is grade 3 (grade 5 being highest).. the other one seems to be dividing but not fully divided yet, so we are to transfer the 3 cell embryo and the embryologist will monitor the other one.. Once they are satisfied it has divided properly, they will freeze it..

So it was one embryo to be returned back to mummy's womb.. My legs were placed in the stirrups and dr sadhaba placed the catheter (I think this is what u call it) into my V.. Athens embryologist suddenly appeared saying the other egg has divided into 2 cell and they are happy to transfer that too.. So that's 2! I was telling L I'm convinced it heard our voices and grew faster so it could come home to my womb.. =)

Hospitalization leave will be till 30March.. Blood test on 30March as well.. Gotta do some inserts to support the uterus lining 3 times a day all the way till blood test day...

So in summary, we have no embryos to freeze but 2 embryos are safely transferred back to mummy's womb.. I'm positive these 2 are all we need for a successful cycle.. =) Grow well and stick to mummy tightly OK babies? We are nicknaming them Love and Hope so I can talk to them for the next 2 weeks..

Now, I'm officially 2.5 weeks pregnant and PUPO (Pregnant until proven otherwise)! Our 2ww begins now!

First baby photos up next!



19:55 |